If you are currently expecting congratulations! As you near the end of your pregnancy you may be nervous and wondering what to do to make life easier before baby arrives. I have compiled the ultimate list of things to do before baby arrives to take away from any guesswork. Now you may think this list contains the usual clean up prepare meals and clean baby’s beautiful little clothes. but this is the list of all lists the one they don’t tell you to make.
- Pamper yourself! When I say pamper yourself I’m talking full blown spa day. I’m talking you need this pedicure foot rub hair cut nail design like you won’t get one for about six months (if your lucky) kind of pampering.
- Spend some time alone. This may sound silly but trust me this is a huge one! You will rarely have a moment alone from this day forward and even when you do that alone time will never feel the same
- Go out on date nights you might not get one for a while. Leaving baby is very hard to do ( I should know a year later and I have yet to spend a night away from baby). If you can take a babymoon!
- Go out with friends and family. Book up some lunches and dinners. You may not want company around at first while you get acclimated to your new life.
- Declutter! Now this may sound like the typical clean before baby arrives but that’s not what I’m talking about. When I say declutter I mean really take the time to get rid of things you don’t want or need. When baby arrives eventually they will turn your living room into the new playroom! Best to declutter while you have the chance to.
It’s hard to put into words how life will change. One thing is for sure your thought process and way of life is going to drastically change. I suggest fully saying goodbye to your old life. Now I’m not saying you won’t ever have fun again or you will never have a spa day or alone time not at all what I am trying to put into words to all you expecting mamas specifically first timers is life will be forever changed for the better but you may want to just cherish that last bit of you time the last bit of selfishness because trust me going forward you will never in life again know what it’s like to be number one again in your own life. This journey you are on is going to be the best you will ever have!